Fuck this, Russia have gone too far. To begin with I was neutral, and I know the American side is hardly the best but fuck supporting the neo-fascist cunts who are trying to snatch areas of high value under the pretext of defending ethnic Russians. I don’t see how any Socialist could possibly defend Russia’s aggression. It’s the same shite that happened with Libya, Left wingers celebrating a revolution but turning to support a fucking dictator when NATO get involved. I’m tired of this hypocrisy on the left, jumping to the side of anyone who is opposed to NATO regardless of who they are. I’m done with the pseduo-Socialist shite that has been destroying any credible Left wing force for years and it’s just fucked it.
- Putin has done nothing illegal, in fact everything done by Russia has been incredibly moderate considering
- He’s not a dictator, he was elected
1) He illegally moved Russian forces on to Ukranian soil, 16,000 more than allowed under the agreement and counting, Russian forces have surrounded Ukranian army bases and blockade Ukranian ports, how the fuck is that not illegal it’s an act of aggression?
2) I didn’t say he was a dictator, I was using the Libya example to show how easily the Left wing support anyone on the side America doesn’t like.
Also Putin and his criminal regime and cunts. Don’t believe for one minute they’re genuinely going in to protect the Russian population there, I don’t think anyone can show evidence of anti-Russian attacks after the removal of Yanukovych? The Russians are moving in because they see the opportunity to grab the oil fields in Eastern Ukraine, and so they don’t have to lease out Sevastapol anymore.
If you seriously consider a massive military mobilisation and basic invasion of another sovreign states territory to be moderate then I don’t even know.
1) Because of the revolution the former agreement is void and the revolution unconstitutional. Therefore he has the right to transfer troops to Russian Soil.
2) Fair enough
3) russia already owns the worlds largest oil company, theyve had to slow down on production.
Why would they want more?
1) Ah but, the agreement was signed in 1997, a ‘revolution’ changed the government of Ukraine in 2004 and yet the Russians still held up the agreement, I understand your point however the Russian soldiers have left the Sevasapol base and are actively takind over the Crimea, which is, for the time being, Ukranian territory in International law.
2) The Putin administration has never turned its nose up to some profit making, without their rich oil fields, the Ukranians will have to turn to Russia for their oil, as will the Ukranian customers, plus the gas pipe lines are more secure and profitable for Russia that way as well. It is the core of the extreme Capitalism practiced by the current Russian administration, and is despicable.
If the Eastern Ukranians, I mention them specificalyy as the Crimeans have often voted for pro-Russian parties in their droves, were to show real signs that they wanted to leave Ukraine for Russia then I would wholeheartedly support them, however before the Russian military escalation no such events happened, and I morally can’t support what is going on.